Seeking random cheap video projector online or in the market can leave you perplexed with the thought which projector to buy. It is mainly due to the abundance of choices, and it would be a naive move to buy a product depending on their user rating. You might think that it is nearly impossible to find the best budget projector with quality features because most of them come with hefty prices.
But here’s the kicker:
You will find many hidden gems that come with an affordable price and help you to bring the movie theater experience into your theater room. It is a common myth that you always have to make a deep hole in your pocket to buy a quality projector.
But there are many unheard brands that will amaze you with extensive features coupled with HD and built-in speaker facility. Many new companies are coming up with many quality home theater projectors on the market so that can compete with famous brands.
Now, you might be wondering:
Whether you should lay your trust in not so favorite brands?
To clear out the ado, we have listed names of some good quality budget projector from both popular and unpopular brands.
That being said, let’s take a look at the names of budget projectors which will guide you through in every step to quench your thirst.
However, before jumping into the details let’s discuss what to consider before you buy an inexpensive projector.
This is a crucial part, isn’t it?
So before getting your hands on any top projector under your budget at a cut-price, it is useful that you should go through the following consideration to make sure you get the right product:
Use – You should consider the purpose of the projector whether you want to use the projector entertainment or business purpose. Along with this, it is essential to consider its portability factor because it is not possible to dismount a home theater setup from a fixed clamp.
Reliability – Buying a reliable, but budget projector can be a tough task, and you should rightly check the reviews before making the final decision. It is crucial to opt for a product with quality hardware and casing so that it would last for the right amount of years.
Cost – Going deep with the budget is not a good move instead you should invest in the budget projector which will be value for the money.
Specification – You need to thoroughly check the specification list which will include the type of the projector, lamp hour, aspect ratio, resolution, contrast ratio, connectivity, etc. It is not possible to get the specification under a cheap price tag but always look for a product providing reliable specification under an affordable price range.
Sound – Always consider the availability of built-in speaker in a projector but never settle with some low-quality speaker.
Now, let’s start browsing through the brief details of the top affordable projectors.
Optoma HD142X 1080p 3000 Lumens 3D DLP Home Theater Projector: The Best Cheap Projector
Whenever you search for a low-cost projector, the only common name that will be shown in every search is HD142x from Optoma. It is a solid all-rounder that will impress you with a long list of features which includes Full HD resolution along with 3000 ANSI Lumens of brightness. Even though it comes with a budget price but it doesn’t fail to treat you with high 23000:1 contrast ratio along with 3D video support.
It delivers a crystal clear image quality with its 1920 X 1080 resolution with considerable color depth. The most notable part of this projector is that you will hardly locate any pixelation, but you can stay assured that you will find smooth edges.
HD142X outclasses most of its competitor with its superior visual quality along with a broad range of impressive feature. Optoma has geared this projector with DLP technology that can make your eye pop with heavy detailing. It even boasts a large screen range which starts at 66 inches and ends at 107 inches. Moreover, you will also find the facility to manually zoom for adequately depicting the visuals.
Most importantly, it comes with 3D support that delivers superior visuals without any blur. Not to forget, to amply the home entertainment experience, it also packs a 10-watt speaker which delivers soothing sound.
• The size of the screen stays between 66 inches from 8 feet and 107 inches from 12 feet.
• It has 3000 ANSI Lumens white brightness that offers vivid picture quality.
• Keystone correction facility with 23000:1 contrast ratio which produces dynamic black depth.
• It rocks on a single 0.65″ 1080p DC3 DMD chip coupled with Texas Instruments DLP Technology.
• Full HD picture which provides 1920 X 1080 resolution without any cringe.
• Optoma also provides sRGB and reference Display which produces high color accuracy and perfect color saturation.
• It has an exceptional lamp hour which tends to stay around 8000 hours or 10 years with regular use.
• It provides 144hz refresh rate.
• It supports all type of 3D content and provides marvelous 3D quality.
• It packs a 10-watt speaker which produces crystal clear sound but only suitable for the midsized room.
• It offers smartphone or tablet connectivity through MHL.
DBPOWER T20 1500 Lumens LCD Mini Projector: The Runner up
DBPower is a highly accredited projector that offers more brightness than regular LED projectors found in the market. You can consider this as an efficient but affordable projector that has fulfilled the dream of many customers. This power pact projector comes in a small package, and you can easily carry it anywhere. You will find a 3.5mm port, SD card slot, HDMI port and 3-in-1 AV port.
The most important part of this projector is that it is equipped with an impressive cooling system padded with heat dispersion. The manufacturer has slashed the sound level by a large margin by adding a noise suppression.
T20 delivers an excellent bright picture quality with its 1500 Lumens, and it never downgrades its performance when used in dark rooms. It offers a broad screen size choice which lies between 32″ and 176″ with a distance of 1.5m to 5m. You will get a native resolution of 800 X 480 pixels, but you will get 1920 X 1080 pixels resolution.
The manufacturer even claims to provide 50000 lamp hours although it depends upon casual use. It offers a superior clear image with massive color depth and contrast. Moreover, this projector doesn’t put pressure on your eye when you watch a movie, sports or TV shows.
• The native resolution of 800 X 480 pixel with Full HD support ( 1920 X 1080 pixels ).
• 1500 Lumens of brightness that offers vividness especially in dark rooms.
• It comes with TFT LCD imaging technology.
• 1000:1 contrast ratio which offers good depth.
• 16:10 aspect ratio with 1.4:1 projection ratio.
• It has manual keystone correction ranging from -15 to +15.
• Vast screen size range starting from starting from 32″ and ending at 176″ with 1.5m to 5m projector distance.
• Estimated 50000 Lamp hour depending on your usage.
• Double tube cooling coupled with heat dispersion facility.
• Low fan noise due to noise suppression feature.
• It comes with a specially designed LED source technology.
• Support HDMI dongle with MHL connectivity.
• Three years warranty.
iCODIS G1 Mini Projector, DLP Support Full HD 1080P Video Projector
iCodis G1 is an iconic viewing device which is hailed as the superb quality mini-budget projector, and it is powered by an Android 4.4 operating system. The G1 projector packs a modern DLP technology that offers remarkable viewing experience and visual effects which is at par with many LCD projectors.
You will be delighted to hear that you will be provided with 2000 Lumens brightness that produces clear and brighter image than any other projector in this class. With 30000 LED life hour, you will be offered with 1080p Full HD resolution where the frame per second stays at 30 marks.
This is crazy, right?
You can utilize the G1 to project your movie with display size ranging up to 120 inches, and 100 ANSI Lumens power this projector. Even though it has an 854 X 480 native resolution and 2000:1 contrast ratio but it won’t disappoint with image clarity. iCodis has padded this projector with numerous connectivity option starting from Wi-Fi, tripod to HDMI, Miracast, etc. Most importantly it is quite easy to install, and you can take it anywhere as it fits comfortably in your palm. It even comes with a small speaker, but for excellent clarity, you need to connect prominent speakers.
• Native resolution 854 X 480 with support for 1920 X 1080 Full HD a resolution.
• Screen starting measuring around 37.8 inches with a projection ratio of 1.9:1.
• Projection distance staying close to 3m.
• Advanced DLP technology with 2000 Lumens white brightness offering exceptional visual quality.
• 2000:1 contrast ratio with RGB LED lamp that produces decent contrast and color.
• 30000 lamp life hour along with 3000mAh lithium-ion battery that provides support up to 120 minutes.
• It comes with three aspect ratio: 4:3, 16:9 and 16:10.
• Focusing using manual mode.
• It weighs around 200 grams making it easy to carry.
• It is quite easy to install, and for reference, it comes with a manual book.
• It is powered Android 4.4 operating system offering a beautiful interface.
• It comes with HDMI connectivity.
• Wireless display connectivity allows you to use Miracast or Airplay.
• USB and TF come as standard connectivity.
• Decent quality inbuilt speaker.
• 12 months warranty with a full refund as well as a replacement facility.
BenQ DLP HD 1080p Projector (TH670) – 3D Home Theater Projector
Benq’s Th670 is an all-rounder device that will leave dazzled with an array of stunning features and superior build quality. With its given price tag, this is the ace quality but affordable projector 1080p you will find in the market. You can utilize this projector for several purposes, but wherever use it, you will be awestruck with its Full HD 1080p stunning crystal clear visuals. The 10000:1 contrast ratio and 3000 ANSI Lumens adds to the top-notch video quality of the projector. The lamp produces high contrast visual padded with top color accuracy. It comes equipped with DLP technology that let you watch crisp and high detailed images.
Th670 from Benq allows you to change the screen from 60 inches to 120 inches and it doesn’t get affected by the little amount of ambient light. The scintillating fact of this projector is that it presents you Full HD 3D support without any flickering. It comes loaded with SmartEco technology that offers lamp life of around 10000 hours.
It has a single 10-watt speaker that oozes out high-quality sound when you are watching a movie, sports or any other content. Benq has padded this sturdy set with a lot of user inputs which includes HDMI, RCA, 1.5A USB and 15 pins D-sub.
It gets better here:
• 16:9 aspect ratio along with Full HD 1920 X 1080 native resolution.
• It carries digital light processing technology which is used in IMAX theaters.
• High clarity image due to 10000:1 contrast and 1 billion color support.
• 3000 ANSI Lumens white brightness offering exceptional picture quality.
• Keystone correction is set to auto mode.
• Zoom lens depicting 1.20:1 ratio.
• 1.50:1 to 1.80:1 throw range.
• Screen size ranging from 60 inches to 120 inches.
• 10m is the maximum throw distance.
• It offers Full HD 3D support.
• The focal length measures around 2.55 with F-number ranging from 22.3 to 26.76.
• High quality single 10-watt speaker.
• 10,000 hours lamp life with SmartEco technology.
• 1.5A USB type-A power supply.
• It supports the wireless presentation by Qcast.
• Closed captioning capability.
• HDMI, RCA and D sub 15 pins as inputs.
• It comes with 12-month manufacturer warranty.
EUG Wireless LCD Projector 3600 Lumens- Bluetooth Airplay Miracast WiFi- Multimedia Home Theater Video Projector
EUG wireless projector is the product of sheer craftsmanship boasting state of the earth feature at an unbelievable price point. With its given specification list, this is the ideal projector for gaming at rock bottom price, and many experts recommend this projector. It offers 1200 X 800 as native resolution coupled with crisp and vivid images.
You can expect bright pictures with sharp contrast due to its 3600 Lumens and 4500:1 contrast ratio. You can play games for long because your eyes will be treated with non-flickering and smooth visual quality. It also packs a decoding drive chip that produces carved pixels along with elevated color accuracy.
The screen size of EUG wireless projector stays within the range of 50 inches to 200 inches with a throw distance between 3.9ft to 18ft. Most importantly it is based on a Quad-core processor with 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM and Android 4.4 operating system that offers lag-free visuals. It bags a 50,000 hours lamp life that the manufacturer expects to last for 17 years with casual usage. You can connect your console controller, mobile or tablet using DLNA, Airplay or Miracast for wireless connectivity. It is an ideal gaming projector because it has LCD system that offers excellent visual dynamics and color resurgence.
Now, let’s take a look at feature portion:
• Native 1280 X 800 resolution along with Full HD 1080p support.
• 4500:1 contrast delivering crisp visual with clear details and stunning color depth.
• 3600 Lumens offering bright images.
• It has a modern decoding drive chip that prevents pixelation.
• Screen size ranging from 50 inches to 200 inches.
• Throw distance starting at 3.9ft and end at 18ft.
• ACC image improvement technology for producing vibrant visuals.
• +/- 15 vertical keystone adjustment along lens focus facility.
• 60Hz refresh rate without any flickering.
• TFT LCD technology for vivid picture quality.
• Dolby Digital decoding support.
• 170W LED lamp with 50000 hours of life.
• Quad-Core processor with 1GB Ram and 8GB ROM.
• Android 4.4 operating system.
• Built-in magnetic speaker dumped in double chamber sound system.
• Wireless mirroring facility with the option of DLNA, Airplay, and Miracast.
• HDMI, USB, VGA, Plug and Play, YPBPR and Audio connectivity.
• One year warranty with the option of 60-day money back guarantee.
• CCC, CB, CE, and FCC certification.
It doesn’t end here:
Optoma UHD60 4K Ultra High Definition Home Theater Projector
You can regard Optoma UHD60 as the primo quality cheap 4K projector because it offers the desired 4K visuals at an affordable price. This master blaster carries all the traits of a superior DLP projector along with modern features of 4K television. This classy looking white box boast 3840 X 2160 4K resolution along with Rec.709 that offers cinematic color depth.
It packs 3000 Lumens and 1000000:1 contrast ratio that results in producing jaw-dropping visual quality which will surely leave you in a trance. This projector utilizes a single DLP chip along with 8.30 million distinct pixel system that offers movie theater experience.
It gets better here:
UHD60 specializes in HDR10 image technology along with REC2020 color space which depicts high black level, top-notch color accuracy, and actual brightness. It also rocks on vertical lens shift and digital zoom facility. You will also find an UltraDetail technology that allows you to adjust visual clarity and sharpness. You will get the state of the earth 4K picture quality when the box is placed at 5-6 feet away.
The white box also avails 18 GBPS HDMI2.0 and HDCP 2.2 that provides you 4K UHD bandwidth. To add to its impressive specification list, it bags a 4-watt speaker that delivers soothing sound clarity.
• Native 4K UHD resolution which depicts 3840 X 2160 pixels.
• 3000 ANSI Lumens for white brightness along with Rec. 709 for cinema color revivification.
• It bags HDR10 as well as Rec. 2020 and DCI P3 color gamut for producing theater like visuals.
• 1000000:1 contrast ratio along with Dynamic Black facility and 8.3 million pixel image.
• Option for vertical lens shift and zoom up to 1.6x.
• It has 4.26ft to 30.5ft projection distance.
• REC2020 color space.
• It allows you to use various type of HDR settings.
• 240 watt UHP lamp with extensive lamp life.
• 4-watt speaker producing decent sound level.
• Single-chip DLP technology.
• HDMI 2.0 along with HDCP 2.2 port that entertains 18Gbps so that it can provide the real 4K UHD bandwidth.
Epson Home Cinema 2040 1080p 3D 3LCD Home Theater Projector
Nowadays most of the projectors bags a DLP as standard projection system but Epson Home Cinema 2040 breaks that monotony by utilizing a three-chip LCD engine. This projector delivers Full HD 1920 X 1080 resolution with a short lag time which will treat you an intense gaming session. It bags some scintillating features that are only available in expensive units, and you can consider it as the bang for the budget.
It offers a brightness of 2200 Lumens and 35000:1 contrast ratio that produces top-notch image quality. Moreover, it bags manual focus along with a 1.2x manual zoom facility.
Epson’s 2040 is probably the top-tier bargain gaming projector because it will fascinate you with a huge range of 3D support. You can hook the 3D video players by utilizing 1.4A HDMI, and it also comes with the MHL facility.
With its 16:9 aspect ratio, Frame Interpolation, and Image enhancement ability you can watch flawless and crystal clear vision. Whether you are viewing 3D or 2D content, the 3LCD doesn’t offer you any rainbow effect instead treats you with detailed images. Even though it provides a narrow screen size range but it doesn’t compromise on quality especially in the presence of ambient light.
• Screen size ranging from 90 inches from 8 feet to 134 inches from 12 feet.
• 1920 X 1080 pixel Full HD resolution.
• Three-chip LCD projection system which offers zero rainbow effect.
• 2200 Lumens of white and color brightness.
• Contrast ratio depicting 35000:1 offering rich darkness.
• Keystone correction capability although doesn’t lens shift.
• 16:9 aspect ratio.
• Image enhancement facility along with frame interpolation.
• Impressive lamp life of 4000 hours when in normal mode and 7500 hours in Eco Mode.
• 29 millisecond lag time that creates a decent gaming experience but it reaches 110 milliseconds in frame interpolation mode.
• 1.2x manual zoom capability.
• It offers manual focus facility.
• All format 3D support backed with top-notch visual quality.
• A 5-watt mono speaker which creates decent sound quality which is on par with regular HD TVs.
• It offers 2 HDMI, 1 MHL, 2 RCA, 1 Type A USB and 1 15 pins VGA D-sub connection facility.
• It supports Chromecast, Roku Streaming Stick, and other streaming devices.
• Two years limited warranty.
What’s the bottom line?
RIF6 CUBE Pico Video Projector with 120 Inch Display – 2 Inch Mobile Portable Mini Projector
We often underestimate the capability of a device by its size but don’t let yourself deceived by the size of RIF6 CUBE. It is regarded as the thrifty pico projector available in the market, and the whole packages come packed in a weightless aluminum casing.
This mini projector makes a life-size impression by its capability of projection up to 120 inches with a native resolution of 854 X 480 pixels. It serves as a portable media which you can link to your tablet, laptop or smartphone to watch movies or play games. Despite its size, it delivers commendable image clarity with vibrant color production.
RIF6 CUBE packs a heavy-duty RGB LED lamp that has the capability to live up to 20,000 hours with daily casual use. With 50 Lumens and 1.99:1 throw ratio, it projects sharp images with a decent amount of details. The CUBE carries a good battery that lasts up to 90 minutes, and most importantly it lets you watch your visual content while charging the projector.
It brings all standard connectivity system which includes mini HDMI slot, microSD slot, micro USB, and MHL. The fascinating part of this projector is that it supports Full HD resolution without any crunch.
• A colossal screen size that notches up to 120 inches.
• Native WVGA resolution depicting 854 X 480 pixels.
• It supports Full HD video content when played through other devices.
• 1.99:1 standard throw ratio.
• 1000:1 contrast producing sharp and high clarity visuals.
• Decent battery unit that can live up to 90 minutes.
• It allows charging when it is in use.
• LED digital based light source offering commendable visual experience.
• LED lamp life hour ranging up to 20000 hours which boils down to 20 years with casual usage.
• 50 Lumens of brightness.
• Highly durable aluminum casing with 136g as overall weight.
• It packs modern optical lens technology.
• It supports HDMI, microSD and USB connectivity.
• MHL connectivity for hooking mobile, laptop or tablet.
• Overall dimension 2″X2″x1.9″.
• It comes with a sturdy tripod.
• It has a built-in speaker system.
Now, let’s talk about its pros and cons:
Epson VS250 SVGA 3,200 lumens HDMI 3LCD projector
Epson VS250 serves as the steal deal that you will find in the market, and it is one of the highest selling projectors available on the e-commerce site. This is the prime quality low-cost projector which greets you with three-chip LCD projection system which is known for producing high clarity picture with vibrant color production.
This projector rocks on 3200 Lumens white brightness and color brightness that result in vividness and rich color visuals. You can rely on its promise of producing eye-popping clarity because it is voted as the top of the line projector in image quality.
VS250 boast a basic SVGA native resolution of 800 X 600 pixels which is supported by 15000:1 dynamic contrast ratio. However, it supports resolution up to 1400 X 1050 pixel but with a fixed aspect ratio of 4:3. The image size ranges from 29.9 inches to 350 inches with a throw ratio of 1.45:1 to 1.96:1.
The exciting part of this device it that it engulfs every visual with wide color gamut which maximizes visual experience by a large margin. It supports most of the standard connectivity option so you won’t find any difficulty during your movie session. To rave-up the movie experience, it also comes with 2-watt built-in speaker producing decent quality.
• Native SVGA resolution depicting 800 X 600 with support up to 1400 X 1050.
• 480000-pixel display format.
• Three-chip LCD projection system with 1.07 billion color support.
• Screen size range starting from 29.9 inches and ending at 350 inches.
• 3200 Lumens for color and white brightness.
• 150000:1 dynamic contrast ratio with wide color gamut.
• Screen distance ranging from 3 feet to 34 feet.
• 3X brighter color and higher color brightness.
• Manual zoom along with manual focus.
• It comes with a f/1.44 lens.
• It supports vertical keystone correction +/- 30 and horizontal keystone correction up to +/- 30.
• Easy installation process without the hassle of the image adjustment process.
• Power consumption around 296 watts.
• It includes all standard connectivity options which depict 19 pin Type A HDMI, RCA, four pin Type A USB and 15 pins D-Sub.
• 10000 hours of lamp life ( Economy Mode )
• 2-watt integrated speaker.
• One year limited warranty.
How We Picked And Tested The Budget Projectors?
As we were searching for a well equipped affordable projectors available online, we selected different projectors pertaining to varied resolution. We decided to not only look at the low price point but also look for a projector at an affordable price.
All the models are either based on DLP or 3LCD projection that boasts superior visual quality. We were not restricted to only low resolution but also selected models with 1920 X 1080 resolution. All the projectors in this list come with HDMI support and carry a decent amount of Lumens for color as well as white brightness.
We didn’t stick to the standard projector but also added some PICO projectors that offers a vast array of features. In addition to all this, we even looked for excellent color accuracy, enormous screen size range, wireless connectivity, and lamp life. So after going through a huge bunch of reviews, we finally selected Optoma HD142X, DBPower T20, iCodis G1, Benq TH670, EUG Wireless Projector, and a few others. We tested all the projectors simultaneously on a proper white sheet and measured all the result using different software. To evaluate its HDMI feature, we also examined each projector by viewing them side by side.
1. What types of external devices that can be connected to the projector?
All projectors come with various connection type which can be utilized for connecting Blu-Ray player, PC, laptop, Playstation, Xbox, DVD player, LAN cable and TV set-top boxes.
2. How to find a replacement for the lamp of the projector?
The replacement of the bulb of the projector can be easily found in the market, and one need to type the right product name to find the lamp from a reputed seller.
3. What is the utilization of the keystone feature in the projector?
Both horizontal and vertical keystone features in a projector assist in bringing clarity to a hazy visual.
4. When to apply factory reset option on the projector?
When an individual experience any abnormality in the projector like image quality issue, oversaturation in the color section, repetitive signal distortion, etc., then a factory reset should be applied.
5. How to identify the brightness level in the projector?
The brightness of the projector is depicted in Lumens and higher the Lumens number, the brighter is the picture.
6. How large should the screen be?
Every projector comes with vast screen size range, but it is not appropriate to watch at variable screen size. The ideal gap between the screen and the spectator should range from 1.5 to 6 times the image width.
7. How to switch from Normal Mode to Eco Mode?
Every remote control of a projector comes with Lamp Mode option which can be utilized to switch between Normal Mode and Eco Mode. Otherwise one has to go the lamp mode in the menu option to opt for Eco Mode.
Related articles that you also may like: