If you want to play golf without delays and with accuracy in measuring targets, this Vortex Optics Ranger 1000 is all you’ve got. The device is lightweight and compact, and has a great performance especially for archery or rifle shooting. You might be wondering why this rangefinder makes golfing 10x successful. Let’s dive deep into complete Vortex Optics Ranger 1000 review :
I once had a little chit chat with my friend in high school who is now exhibiting great performance in archery. We both have passion in Sports and in fact, participated in our respective events way back then. He loves archery, and I love golf. We fondly call ourselves “The Hit”, because we both need to hit/shoot in order to win our games.
He introduced me this Vortex Optics Ranger 1000 as his archery buddy. With its pleasing performance in archery, he thought it might also do well in Golf. And so, he lent me one day his device.
This device has an extremely effective angle-compensated laser rangefinder intended for both rifle and archer. Because of its great capability of measuring targets, it is surely can make good shots in golf too.
- Fully multi-coated lenses to ensure waterproof and long lasting uses
- Up to 6x magnification
- Features HCD and LOS
- Easy to operate
- Adjustable red LED for different lighting conditions
- Powered by CR2 battery which is harder to find than AA batteries
- Users find the measure button noisy
- Accuracy is limited up to 3 yards only
- Requires you to press the button for 3 times for the device to display the range of target
Q: Can you use Ranger 1000 in golfing?
Yes you can. However, features are limited as it is especially designed for rifle shooting and archery.
Q: Does Ranger 1000 is good at gathering light?
The device is quite good at gathering light and most of the users find it useful in low light conditions as in bright. It has a LED display (in red color) which brightness is adjustable.
Q: What comes in the box of Ranger 1000?
Ranger 1000 comes with a CR2 battery, user’s guide, lanyard and a tripod.
Q: Does it have warranty?
Yes, just like most of the devices.
- Just like other rangefinders, the Vortex Optics Ranger 1000 is very sensitive. It has to be handled with care. Below are some tips to take care of your Ranger 1000.
- Use only the correct battery (CR2) when powering your device.
- Once you look into the lens, do not aim your device to the sun. Just use the lens when scanning for a target.
- Use the clean lens cloth or any soft fabric when cleaning the device especially the lens.
- When removing dust, use a soft and dry brush.
- Do not disassemble. When you find problems with your device, always refer to authorize repair centers.
- Do not allow children to play the device. If possible, keep your device in a cool and dry place.
Based on the above Vortex Optics Ranger 1000 reviews, in a scale of 1 to 5, I’d say that it has the score of 4 in rifle shooting and archery, but 3 for golfing. In golf, you would be scanning targets in courses which is usually has a wide area whereas in rifle shooting and archery, there will only be one direction to be focused, thus, the features are more fit to shooting and archery.
Related Review Articles: